Recently, I've thrown myself into level design in an ongoing effort to maximize efficiency in my modeling methods, and learn some new techniques for normal map generation.
Each tunnel section ended up being ~160 polygons, and a door frame section including both doors is roughly 220. In total the section below turned out being almost 900 polys. there is a fair bit I could have spared, as this is still pretty high for level design.
I felt that every level artist should have a barricade or two under their belt, and this was surprisingly a lot of fun. 90 polys in no time at all.
I thought that every sci-fi tunnel should have a few cars kicking around and I wanted one to play around with in UDK eventually. The wheels are separate, so technically it could drive, but its only a shell and I made it strictly for use as a prop. After not quite 2 days, it worked out to be just over 1000 polys, and I am very pleased with how it turned out.
I still have plans to lead this scene outside. Once there I wanted to have some doodads ready to populate the area with, so I made a terraformer. This took an extra day longer than the car, and ended up being ~1480 polys.
This amounts to about a weeks worth of my spare time in total, some days being sparse, and others fairly generous. Next week will be the outside termination point for the tunnel, and then on to terrain generation in UDK, which I'm thinking will take a bit longer due to the learning curve involved.